Youth Advisory Board
IndyEast Promise Neighborhood Youth Advisory Board members are neighborhood youth who will advise IndyEast Promise Neighborhood staff, Community Advisory Board, and leaders, bringing unique knowledge and skills to the initiative. They will provide a fresh perspective on programmatic issues and will play a significant public relations role in raising awareness and encouraging participation in the initiative.
Throughout their 12-month term, members will advise staff and leaders, collaborate with the Community Advisory Board, engage neighborhood youth, and develop projects to achieve greater awareness and community change. Participants will attend bi-monthly meetings and will actively engage and advise within the four IndyEast Promise Neighborhood Domains: Learn Early, Learn in School, Learn for College and Career, and Learn in Community. Other benefits include a stipend during the duration of their term, free meals during meetings, and professional development opportunities.
Be a Part of the Youth Advisory Board
We’re looking for neighborhood youth from 6th -11th grade who want to make a difference in the community, grow their leadership skills, and build stronger connections with their peers and community leaders. This opportunity is only available for youth that attend a school OR live within the Promise Neighborhood boundaries. Click here to view a map.
Now Accepting applications for the 2024 Youth Advisory Board through March 1, 2024.
Applications are due online or via email by 5 p.m. on March 1, 2024.
Questions? Attend an upcoming information session
Interested participants can ask their questions and fill out an application during an info session. If you have questions about attending an information session, please reach out to Rainie Grant.
February 24 | 3:30 – 5 p.M
2434 N Sherman Dr., Indianapolis, IN 46218
February 25 | 3:30 – 5 p.M
2435 E New York St., Indianapolis, IN 46201
Frequently Asked Questions
- Students currently enrolled in 6th – 11th grade.
- Students who live within the IndyEast Promise Neighborhood OR attend a school within the IndyEast Promise Neighborhood. Click here to view a map of the neighborhood boundaries and Promise Neighborhood Schools.
To apply for this opportunity you will need:
- Permission from a parent/guardian to participate in the program. Applications without the signature or agreement of a parent/guardian will be disqualified.
- To live or attend a school in the Promise Neighborhood.
- Access to reliable transportation to attend program events and meetings. If you live outside of IndyEast Promise Neighborhood, you must have reliable transportation. (Unfortunately, we can only help with transportation support for this program.)
No. Unfortunately, the IndyEast Promise Neighborhood cannot provide transportation for Youth Advisory Board participants. You MUST have reliable transportation to participate in the program.
Youth Advisory Board Members commit to serving 12 consecutive months as an advisor. During that time, they are expected to:
- Attend orientation and training, bi-monthly meetings (approximately 7-10 hours per month)
- Assist with IndyEast Promise Neighborhood and attend workshops supported by the Promise Neighborhoods.
- Complete personal and team assessments
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, or workshops when supported by the IEPN.
- Attend other activities and meetings as necessitated by the agreement of the Youth Advisory Board.